ST ViewScan II
The ST ViewScan II is the first collection scanning solution designed completely around the user experience. Both the hardware specifications and the state-of-the-art software functionality were developed to enable every user – regardless of their familiarity with microfilm or microfiche technology – to be able to find what they need fast. With intuitive and easy-to-use feature sets, the ST ViewScan II turns your archives into a more dynamic, accessible and user-friendly resource for researchers of all ages!
Microfilm Crossover™ Digital Film Viewer/Scanner
The ST ViewScan II® offers the newest and the best solution:
- The ST ViewScan II’s camera packs a lot of power into a small footprint. Users will enjoy clear, high-resolution images when viewing film or fiche. The camera is equipped with an optical zoom lens capable of 7x to 105x that can scan to 1200 DPI.
- The ST ViewScan II utilizes a bright, energy efficient, pure white LED illumination light that is optimal for film scanning.
- Only the ST ViewScan II has this proprietary technology that employs optically clear and smooth glass to ensure the original information is viewed and captured as accurately as possible.
- Patrons will love the familiar and ergonomic controls on the ST ViewScan II which make it easy to learn and use.
- Simplify saving with the easily accessible front side USB port.
- The guide rollers make getting started a snap! Simply attach the film, pass under the glass and you’re done!
EASY TO USE
ST Cruise Control
The ST ViewScan II system will automatically advance the film one page at a time and scan each frame, enhance, crop and save the images. ST Cruise control will quickly capture a specific range of images or the entire roll.
Standard mode is for patrons who are comfortable with computers and will want to do some basic editing such as cropping and saving an image to a thumb drive or email or Google Drive account. The ST ViewScan II system brings your film archive into the digital age with all the abilities users expect in a simple to use interface.
ST OCR Searchable Text Tools
World class OCR – Optical Character Recognition – is delivered with the ST OCR Searchable Text Tools. Use these tools to convert a page at a time to searchable text while viewing the microfilm, or to convert to searchable PDF document.